Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hope and concern

Yesterday was a pretty good day for the project in some ways.  A few new backers pledged to help on the kickstarter  (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2046690400/life-from-the-fringe-america-outside-of-9-to-5) and it's getting there, but there is still a way to go.  I really do need everyone's help, just a little, to make this happen.  We can do this, together a difference can be made!

Also, one person accused me of leading people on with an personal agenda under the guise of charity.  This really burned my goat, but I held back and tried to engage them with civility, as it is not his fault he is so mistrustful, it is his nature.  I am not doing this to gain personally, nothing more than the good feeling from helping, making a difference in other people's lives.  I am going to be living in a very much underpriviledged manner myself, traveling, and paying no concern to cultural comforts myself.  This is not about me.

Another group I was nominally a part of, which had no posted rules at all, expressed that sharing the project there was off topic and they were being nice by allowing the link to stay, but updating the status of the project, was pushing it a bit.  Another example of how people don't want to have to see today's problems,  and will spend more effort to put it behind a blinder, instead of help out.  It makes me sad for those who bury themselves in their diversions so fully.

Change challenge!  Take all your pocket change, set it aside from now till next friday, round it to the nearest dollar, and pledge it to the kickstarter.   I dare you  to do so, and dare you to dare everyone you know to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment