Monday, June 27, 2011

A few changes

First, let me thank you all for your awesome support.  Thank you so much, it is generosity, belief and caring such as all of yours that drives projects like this and others to success.  Second, let me assure all of you that this project is still going to happen.  No if, ands, buts, maybes, failures, or set backs about it.  I have learned much through the process of this kickstarter campaign, and am prepared to make some changes to make this happen.  The most important lesson is that kickstarter, while a great and wonderful resource, may not be right for this project.  The pressures it places to have to go for a higher goal, and the time restrictions are just not conducive.  I can and plan to still make this work, and start on the same kind of time line.  It will be even more possible still with all of you, but first, let me lay out the plan of action.
I have a line on a sizable amount of surplus socks, undershirts, and the like, and only need to help with getting them shipped.   With those, and (hopefully) the basics of the project need, I will go out and start the project, and begin with bringing at least some of the stories, images, and successes to the world through the project blog, thus allowing all of you, and the world to see what good is being done, not just believe in what I plan to do.  Since a larger amount of the initial fundraising goal was for portions of the project down the road (publishing and the like), and by careful stripping to start, I believe that by bringing evidence of the project as it is happening, and switching to a live, pay pal based donation will allow people to donate as they can, and as they see the good that is happening.  This will allow for the collection of the small amount of ongoing needed funds, and the collection of the amounts needed later.
I would like to invite you all to join me at the blog, and of course follow the progress of the project, as well as urge you to please consider bringing your already pledged donations over to the new system, to help with the upstart and continued success of this project.  I know this is asking a lot, and an inconvenience, for which I sincerely apologize.  Life though, is a learning process, if nothing else, and I have learned some of the limitations of and needs to run a project of this nature.  I ask each of you from the bottom of my heart to continue to support this project, and help make a difference.  That said, I also understand if any of you wish to change your outlook on this.  You have already shown great and wonderful support and I cannot thank you enough.
On the subject of the rewards, I will do everything in my power to still provide those promised rewards to those of you who have already pledged, were promised these, if you choose to switch over with us and continue to support the project.  Fair of course is fair.
So then I invite you all to join us on the blog, share it with others, and encourage others to share in the feeling of goodness we can spread!

No comments:

Post a Comment