Friday, June 10, 2011

Building steam

So the kickstarter is starting to build steam, and is up to $365, but there is a long way to go there.  17 days left, and it is an all or nothing deal, so please, help as much as you can, and share with everyone.  With your help I can help make a difference!

Also, pay attention to the situations in Orlando, and Philadelphia, hotspots of legislative action against the homeless.  In Orlando, an ordinance prohibits feeding groups of people in public parks without a permit, and then only twice a year per park.  Members of Food not Bombs are being arrested for trying to feed the homeless, and the mayor has called them, "food terrorists".  In Philadelphia, there is an attempt to pass legislation which would criminalize being homeless.

Get involved, volunteer, and help support programs large and small to make a difference.

3 comments:

  1. You keep shaking your cup and panhandling online, but what charities are you donating this money to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope a civil rights attorney fights that legislation. Land of the free includes the freedom to be homeless -how can that be a crime!
    They are cutting funding that is their to help people so I guess it follows they will call them criminals and crowd the jails with people who have for one reason or another lost everything or simply choose not to follow the main stream

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as what charities I am donating to; for now I am funding my own initiative, to go out and bring fresh socks, underwear and undershirts to those in need. As it progresses, I plan to either include more to distribute, tailor it to items of greater need, or modify my efforts, based on the experiences I have with this project.

    I also apologize it took so long to get back to this, I am learning the blogging experience to be a part of this project, and ask you all to bear with me as I learn.

    ReplyDelete