Saturday, September 17, 2011

Update

Hello all, and sorry it has been so long.  It has been a trying period for me, and many things going on.  First, let me assure you this project is still happening, and headway is in progress, though some off the time tables and the like are going to be in flux.  My mother has Lymphoma, and had to have pretty invasive surgery, as well as will be going through some intensive chemo therapy for it.  I have to now postponed and looked at ways to re-align this project so I can also be a support to her through this time.  I am sorry if these setbacks and such are not what some of you wanted to hear, but this is important to me, being able to support my mother emotionally.

Now, on to actions, this last month has been a tough one on the area, to say the least.  The east coast has been blown about, rocked, and dumped on excessively, and the economy, despite what the news says, is not helping out the common man much at all.  I met one man recently, homeless, who confided to me, he hadn't had dry socks in weeks, and had horrible trench rot on both his feet.  I want to help, as much as possible, get these people some clean, dry socks, perhaps some small travel size bottles of foot powder to help with the problems represented by these issues.  I cannot do it on my own, my resources are tapped, and I need the help of each of you, and those who you share this project with.  Please, help to help those who are in need.  Shelters and other government funded programs are being cut, and are severely overburdened, individuals like all of you are needed to help these lost souls, remind them that people do care about people, and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  Please, please consider helping with what you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment